Operation Christmas Child
So many of us have taken part in Operation Christmas child over the years and had a wonderful time making up boxes to be sent around the world.
This year our deadline for boxes is Sunday 19th November, so as you start to plan your boxes and decide if you would like to do one for a little boy or a little girl, we thought some shopping tips may be helpful.
- Now all the back to school shopping had been done look out for reduced school supplies like crayons, pencils, erasers, coloured pencils and pencil cases – shops will want to reduce their stock to make space for Christmas items!
- Get your empty shoeboxes ready. If you are buying shoes between now and the 20th November the box is just as important as the shoes – and ask family and friends if they could set aside shoeboxes for you too.
- Pop down to your local pound store and keep your eyes peeled for sets of combs, toothbrushes and similar items. It’s nice to give a child a sealed set of combs or other items too – that way the child can give gifts from your gift.
- The pound stores also have little toys, ornaments, craft materials etc.
- Pray for shopping wisdom. The Lord knows the little children who will receive your gifts and He can guide your shopping trips so your boxes meet the needs of those who will receive them and bring joy and love.
If you would like to know more about Operation Christmas Child and how you can get involved please speak to Angharad Milenkovic or pick up a leaflet at the back of church.