Following on from the departure of Rev’d. Jeremy Allcock , The Bishop of London seeks to appoint a Vicar for St Stephen with St Luke Westbourne Park (W2)
We are seeking an experienced leader who shares our vision for St Stephen’s as a twenty-first century parish church, rooted in tradition and alive in the Spirit, engaged in serving the diverse community of Westbourne Park.
We are looking for:
- a strategic leader who, guided and supported by the Holy Spirit, will be able to think clearly and be resilient to the challenges of urban ministry
- an inspirational communicator who can speak to churched and unchurched alike, who is able to build relationships with and draw people in from across our community
- a preacher and teacher who can deepen our understanding of the Scriptures and the Christian faith, igniting in us a passion to know God’s Word and how it applies to our lives
- a mission-minded pastor who will challenge us to look and reach outwards, stretching our horizons and our capacity for mission, taking us beyond our church building to be a tangible presence in our community
- someone who enjoys working with children and young people in church, school and community settings
- a creative and innovative spiritual leader, who shares our ‘open evangelicalism’ and values the richness of the traditions and styles of worship within the Christian church
- a skilled team leader who can encourage and develop staff and volunteers, and is able to delegate and empower others to use their gifts
- someone who is able to model a life of devotion to the Lord, fuelled by personal prayer and study, with a desire to encourage others in their discipleship
Parish profile (PDF format) and application form The Bishop of London’s PA, Janet Laws. firstname.lastname@example.org 020 3837 5211
Enhanced DBS clearance will be required
Closing date for applications: Noon February 12th, 2019
Interviews: March 27th, 2019
We welcome applications from all. However, we are aware that women and those from ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups. Appointment will of course be based on merit alone.
Please download our Parish Profile.